Tuesday, March 31, 2015

NEW YORK YANKEES SIGN, SOTHEBY'S, NYC, 4.01.15

Anyone who knows me, knows my affinity for the Blue and Orange who play in Flushing, so it drips with irony that the great people at Sotheby's would ask me to go and photograph one of the key artifacts in their "New York" sale, which opens tonight at 1334 York Ave. Yes indeed, the Yankee Stadium sign, the very same that glowed the night Reggie Jackson hit his three home runs in the 1977 World Series, and many more great Yankee memories, Yada Yada Yada, where are you John Sterling when I need you? The individually letters are 12 Ft high and weigh over 300lbs. But one of the interesting tidbits of this sale is the fact that Mr October himself actually has provenance (a record of ownership) of the sign right now. So if you want to come and have a glass of wine and drop a cool half mil in Reggie's pocket, I'm sure in typical Yankee fashion he will give you a tip of his cap, and so will I.

N09215_Final-87

F12_N09215_Lots_87-91-2

IMG_9908ii

ny y

No comments: